Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    thewebman_2002 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: GXT Chart conversion to Base64String

Unanswered: GXT Chart conversion to Base64String

Hi,

I am a newbie - I am trying to figure a way to convert the Chart that I create on the GWT front end to be passed as a Base64String that I can then embed as an image in a pdf.

Are there examples or some quick tips on how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

GXT implements charts to be visible and interactive in all possible browsers, not to easily turn the chart into an image - we currently use VML in IE6/7/8, and SVG for most other browsers, and tentatively plan on Canvas support for better performance. Of these, only Canvas would have built-in support to turn the visible chart into an image.

Instead, since the server already needs to do the work of making the PDF file, why not look into a server chart framework that is already capable of creating image files.

One last thought - base64 is slightly ambiguous. The wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64#...ns_and_history points out fourteen differennt variations of base6 depending on line length, char 62/63 translation, checksum, and separator.

Thread Participants: 1