Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    janardhan pasumarthi is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to get the selected record in dataview based on the target ?

Unanswered: How to get the selected record in dataview based on the target ?

Hi All,

I've a dataview and when that item is tapped, pushing another view based on the selected dataview item record. Now, Assume that, i don't have item tap event. My question is

is there any way to get selected item details ( Like record,selectedIndex, etc. ) only using target, element of the tapped area?

Please suggest me way to achieve this.

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You can get the index from something like:

Code:
    dataview.getViewItems().indexOf(target)
    Now you got the index you can get the record from the store

Code:
    store.getAt(index)
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    janardhan pasumarthi is on a distinguished road

@mitchellsimoens,

Thanks for the reply. dataview.getViewItems().indexOf(target) is useful,if user taps on dataview item. If any image was written in that template, then it is not able to identify the index of the selected region.

can you suggest update for this?

Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get the top level div for that row using e.getTarget() if the target isn't what you need.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1