Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Merott is on a distinguished road

Default Adding children to a custom linked container in Sencha Architect

Adding children to a custom linked container in Sencha Architect

I'm currently trying out Sencha Architect with Sencha Touch to see if I could potentially use it for a personal project, and I have run into an issue. Not sure if it's a limitation of Architect, or my lack of knowledge. I have some basic experience with the Sencha Touch framework, not Sencha Architect however.

I'd like to reuse a custom container class, which has some preset configs, to save myself reconfiguring every container with the same setting, and improve code maintainability. In a normal project I would do this by extending Ext.Container, applying a custom xtype (e.g. mycontainer, and adding my custom configurations. Then I could use mycontainer instead of container whenever I need.

Initially, using linked components in Architect seemed like the solution to me, but it appears that it is not possible to add child components to linked containers.

So, how can it be done?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

This is true, it is a problem.

I envision a solution similar to what the shadow dom has implemented. You will be able to put placeholders at certain locations and then when you add those to the linked instances they will know where to go.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pavel@prishivalko.com is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    This is true, it is a problem.
    And apparently after 6 months the problem is not solved at all.

Mind you, it is a HUGE problem when building anything complex, as there's no simple way to do pre-configured forms, grids etc.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by pavel@prishivalko.com View Post
    And apparently after 6 months the problem is not solved at all.

Mind you, it is a HUGE problem when building anything complex, as there's no simple way to do pre-configured forms, grids etc.
    You can always do this sort of thing via a processConfig.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pavel@prishivalko.com is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    You can always do this sort of thing via a processConfig.
    Thank you for the reply. Is there any documentation for processConfig?

From what I was able to gather, not really sure how that would help to create "custom" FormPanel (for example, with additional header component and ok/cancel buttons in place) and use it as a linked component in project.

Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#...s-with-configs

This will let you pass in variables to a class that you are making.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran