You found a bug! We've classified it as DSGNR-3238 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sae249833 is on a distinguished road

Default CheckboxSelectionModel Doesn't Render After "Promote To Class"

CheckboxSelectionModel Doesn't Render After "Promote To Class"

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Architect Build tested:
    • Architect 2.1.0 Build: 678

Project Type:
    • ExtJS 4.x

Description:

• In a gridpanel, if I add a CheckboxSelectionModel and then use the "Promote to Class" option on that model the check boxes no longer render in the grid.

I can clearly see that "selModel" is set (see below) but when I run the application there are no check boxes rendered in the grid (no checkbox column at all).

Code:
      selModel: {
        xtype: 'mycheckboxselectionmodel',
      }
      Messing around a bit I find I can make this work if I manually change the selModel config to the following. However, since I can't manually do it through Architect, the next time I publish it is overwritten. I need a solution to this otherwise I'll have ditch Architect.

Code:
      selModel: Ext.create('MyApp.view.MyCheckboxSelectionModel')

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Create a grid.
    • Add a CheckBoxSelectionModel
    • Select the CheckBoxSelectionModel, right-click and select "Promote to Class"
    • Run the application and display the grid.

The result that was expected:
    • A grid with checkboxes.

The result that occurs instead:
    • A grid without checkboxes.

HELPFUL INFORMATION
    The reason for performing the "Promote to Class" is that I must add a renderer to the CheckboxSelectionModel, a very common need, and Architect provides no facility for doing this until you "Promote". At that point you can use an "override" to add the needed renderer.

Possible fix:
    • Add renderer as a config option on the SelectionModel
    • Add selModel and selType as config options on the GridPanel

Operating System:
    • Linux 2.6.32-279
    Last edited by sae249833; 5 Feb 2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added correct format and additional information.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    honestbleeps has a spectacular aura about honestbleeps has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for the report! I have replicated this behavior, and opened a bug in our bug tracker. We appreciate you taking the time to file a detailed report with instructions to replicate the issue - it makes it much easier to help make Architect a better product.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    honestbleeps has a spectacular aura about honestbleeps has a spectacular aura about

I believe I have a solution for you that doesn't require a bug fix:

Select your Checkbox Selection Model in the inspector, and in the Config add a function (using the + button)

Call it 'renderer', and give it the same parameters that are typically passed to renderer. You can then use the code editor on that function and use your custom code. Can you give that a shot and let me know if it works for you?
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sae249833 is on a distinguished road

Yes, this workaround was successful. Thank you for the assistance!

Thread Participants: 1