Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2814 in 3.0.5.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    aspadev is on a distinguished road

Default GroupSummaryView grid - Groupings not collapsible

GroupSummaryView grid - Groupings not collapsible

I have a problem with a GroupSummaryView in that the groupings are not collapsible. Clicking on the icon appears to have no affect whatsoever.

The grid is wrapped in a ContentPanel which in turn is wrapped in a VerticalLayoutContainer which is wrapped in a FramedPanel which is wrapped in a SimpleContainer!

We have a fairly large project so many of our screens are still pre GXT3 - in this instance the widget described above is utilised on a GXT 2.5 tab (I am not sure if the mix of the GXT technologies is relevant here).

Are there any known issues with GroupSummaryView groupings not being collapsible at present ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

It seems to work fine using this example: http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...vegroupsummary

To really find the problem here, we would require more details on your code. Would it be possible for you to provide a testcase implementing EntryPoint that shows exactly your requirements and what you are doing currently?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yes - I'm aware that the Sencha example works - this issue is obviously something peculiar to my particular usage of the grid. I wonder if it is to do with the fact that I have a mix of ext-gwt (2.2.6) and gxt 3.0.3. I have certainly seen problems caused by this mix before. For instance we had a combo box in a grid cell that would not 'drop down' at all - this was eventually traced back to the fact that this was because the window containing the grid was an ext-gwt 2.2.6 window. Changing it to a gxt 3.0.3 window fixed the issue. Unfortunately, due to the size of our app we are not always able to convert fully to gxt 3.0.3 and are having to live with a mix of the two technologies.

I am not sure that it is the ext-gwt that is causing the problem here - when I get time I will create a stripped down example for you to investigate.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

In that case you might want to open a real support ticket in your ticketsystem. There you can schedule a remote desktop session that might help you out better. There we can see your code directly and dont require a testcase at all.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I stripped back my code and have identified the culprit. The line of code that prevents the groupings from being collapsible/expandable is:

grid.getView().setTrackMouseOver(false);

Removing that line of code in both the affected screens resolved my problem. This is probably something that should be addressed as it caused much wasted time and effort at this end to identify.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the pointer - there was indeed a problem in how the trackMouseOver property was preventing any events from getting to the grid. This has been fixed in SVN, and will be available in the next release.

Thread Participants: 2