Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dmillasich is on a distinguished road

Default Android Deep Sleep - slow to start

Android Deep Sleep - slow to start

Sencha v1.1.1 app
    Phonegap v1.3.0.

When Android devices are left idle for a period of time, the devices go into sleep mode. When they are left for an extended period of time, between 75 and 90 minutes, the devices go into deep sleep.

When the device is subsequently revived after being in deep sleep, an instantiated sencha mobile app is extremely slow to respond to input. It seems as though the app is locked up, however if enough time is allowed to elapse, the app begins to respond. Depending on the device, the required time to elapse before the app begins to respond is between one to two minutes.

This behavior is not an issue if the devices have gone into sleep for a short period of time.

Is there a remedy for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

For what you say, it's not known if the issue is Sencha Touch or Phonegap.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dmillasich is on a distinguished road

Nope - I'm not blaming either; albeit I think the potential of phonegap being rather aged might be a good place to start looking. At the time of this writing, PG is at v2.3.0 with RC 2.4.0 in the wings.

I asked, not because I'm looking for a head on a plate, but because I'd like to know if anybody else has experienced the issue. So far, I'm the only lucky one.

Thread Participants: 1