Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Default Fastbook Source?

Fastbook Source?

It's now been nearly two months since Sencha announced their Fastbook mobile app. Initial responses to the blog comments promised that the source would be made available, and the Touch enhancements integrated into the public Touch release. Since then we really haven't heard anything else about this. After all the initial hoopla, it would be nice to get some sort of update on where this stands.

Thanks,

Brian

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see any Sencha person promising to release the source. We are integrating some of the changes we needed to make to the framework with the ST 2.2 branch.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Jamie had said that the reason they hadn't released the source was because the modified components in Touch were not integrated into the public Touch release yet. So it seems that releasing the source for the app is tied to getting the updates into Touch, which is why I was asking about both.

This would obviously be an extremely useful reference app, simply from a learning perspective. That's the main reason I'm anxious to actually see how it was done.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dmillasich is on a distinguished road

Default Fastbook Source

Fastbook Source

Fastbook is impressive. It demonstrates the great potential of Sencha Touch 2.

Why not reveal "how" it was developed? Sencha Touch 2.2.0 is out. I've had a pretty good look through the API, and so far, I see nothing regarding "partitioning / sandboxing." I also own Architect 2.2.2. Where would one leverage partitioning / sandboxing from Architect?

It's admirable what the Sencha team did to get Fastbook going. I love it. But if the "how" of it all is kept secret, it's just a novelty.

Come on Sencha - pull back the kimono.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Not all the things we did has been integrated into the framework such as the sandbox container.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dmillasich is on a distinguished road

Default FastBook Source

FastBook Source

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Not all the things we did has been integrated into the framework such as the sandbox container.
    Can you be specific? Which things made it in, and which things didn't make it in?