Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rianatdigitaltrike is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Architect: Handling Orientations

Sencha Architect: Handling Orientations

Is there a guide on how to best manage orientations in Sencha Architect? I started manually handling the onOrientation change but since the layout preview doesn't display any layouts that are programmatically set, I feel like this is the wrong approach.

If this is the best way to handle layout during an orientation changes, what's the best event I should activate my orientation logic on should the user enter the application in an orientation that the default layout doesn't handle. E.G. my default layout in Architect is optimized for portrait and the user starts in landscape- what event should I listen to and execute my layout logic off of? I tried initialize and paint but it seems like there's no reliable way to make sure all of the components have been initialized into memory and are ready to be laid out.

Another approach I was considering was leaving out any element out of the designer that is going to change a lot during orientation changes and just manage it completely in programatic code. This makes the project much less maintainable in the IDE, though.

I feel like I'm missing something since orientation is such an obvious thing that Architect should be able to handle well.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rianatdigitaltrike is on a distinguished road

Default Update

Update

After some thought on this, I think the best approach is to use custom properties to handle this. On my template elements, I'm going to add a landscape and portrait variable for height, width, flex, and layout values that an event listener function will use to handle layout changes during an orientation shift. I have some things that may need to move into different containers during the orientation change but I'm going to wait and see if I can do what I need to do without moving stuff around like that.

I'm still not sure what event I'm going to fire off of to make sure the initial layout is right but I'm going to try firing off the root container using beforeLayout, beforeActivate, or beforeRender.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar