Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    paranoiabla is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Mask a window while loading

Unanswered: Mask a window while loading

Hey guys,

first of all a big "Thank You" for the great product - I have been using it for several months now and I think it is great. I have, however, one problem that I am unable to solve. When I open a window I want to mask it with "Loading..." text before it loads the content of the window. I tried this:

Code:
            window.getElement().mask("Loading...");
    or
    Code:
    window.mask("Loading...");
    but it appends the "Loading..." mask at the bottom of the window And it would be really nice if it worked the same as the grid - centered and not enlarged to 100% width.
    I also tried:

Code:
    window.getBody().mask("Loading...");
    but this one does not put the "Loading.." box - it just greys out the window.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Images

Answers
    Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

I've seen issues like this before.

First, I think there was a bug w/ the location of the that mask. What version of GXT are you using?

Second, the next thing to try would be to create a very basic app, say, just a window, give it a size, and then call mask() on it. Where is the mask label?

If your example is wrong, I suspect you're using an older version of the API. If it's right, I suspect there's some layout issues going on as it looks like you have at the very least a toolbar in your window. What else is in there? How are you laying everything out? Did you make sure you added reset.css to your index.html file (or equivalent)?

The mask() method is on the Component object and that is most certainly the one you want to call. I don't think I new about the getElement().mask() and am not sure what it does.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    paranoiabla is on a distinguished road

Hi icfantv,

first of all thank you for your answer. I am using version 3.0.1 which is the latest version in the maven central repository. Also I'm not sure if that's to do with it, but I also use the GREY theme.

I tried to create a very basic window, gave it a size of 750x400 and called window.mask("Loading..."); The mask is at the bottom as seen in the screenshot I attached.

Yes, I do have the reset.css, and the mask looks fine on the grid layout, but not on the window

Do you have any idea if that has been fixed in the next version 3.0.2? And also when would that version be out.

Thread Participants: 1