Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kerbo is on a distinguished road

Default Clunky Firefox

Clunky Firefox

I have completed migration of our large application from 3.4 to 4.1.1a. The migration process was long and while not difficult, it required me to look at every line of code.

As a result, I was able to do significant refactoring and make sure our layouts complied with the best practices listed in the performance guide. I did not implement MVC.

The result is a 40% smaller application however performance is just ok in Firefox. Grid scrolling is especially bad. its not possible to drag the thumb and scroll. On Chrome, everything is snappy and visibly faster. I have not done any benchmarks but I don't think the improved performance in Chrome is explained by differences in the javascript engines.

Has anyone else had this experience? I'm not talking about simple, one page web apps, I'm talking about large business applications.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Plain grids or buffered grids? I think buffered grids will be quite a lot faster in 4.2...

Thread Participants: 1