Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    WillFM is on a distinguished road

Default When are we getting 2.2?

When are we getting 2.2?

Its literally now a few days short of the 6 month release anniversary of 2.1.

Was wondering if we're anywhere closer to getting the next major update to architect?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Gil Gordon will become famous soon enough

Default As soon as it is ready

As soon as it is ready

Sorry that we can't share more detail right now.

I can let you know that we are working on it, and are focused on releasing a high quality product that is well integrated with the latest versions of the Sencha frameworks.

Out of curiosity, is there something specific you are anticipating in future versions?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    WillFM is on a distinguished road

Our development team has been struggling with issues here and there, and were hoping the next major release will resolve most of the issues.

Most of the issues retain:
    • Source control annoyances.
    • runtime errors while working in a project from benign tasks, such and changing certain properties on a component, or changing a controller action from one kind to another or transforming a component.
    • Undo/Redo never working as intended. essentially breaking code.
    • no undo/redo easily accessible in code view (ctrl-y, z being the exception)
    • Certain properties lock you into a specific type (eg a string, when a boolean or integer are stated as acceptable properties as well in documentation)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Gil Gordon will become famous soon enough

Default Thanks for the details

Thanks for the details

I can't guarantee we have gotten to all of those, but we are doing a lot of work on making the next version of Architect play nice(er) with source control systems, and have addressed many runtime issues.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    davide.peri is on a distinguished road

Any news about the 2.2 release date?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

It will be out shortly after Ext JS 4.2 is released (which went into RC status last week).
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

My projects are heavily depending on Sencha Architect. What I'm really expecting from 2.2 are:
    1, code auto formatting;
    2, I can hardly find the highlighted text when I do find;
    3, Even if I changed my store userClassName, it published as something like MyStore1, which is the default name. This does not always happen, but it happens sometimes;
    4, In Ext Designer 1.x, there was a JSON view, which is very useful for me to generate some code. However, it does not exist in Sencha Architect 2.x;
    5, I'm hoping most common properties like itemId, name, title, data... will be on the top of the list;

Thanks,
    Elgs

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the wish list. I'll let you know what you will receive

Quote Originally Posted by elgs View Post
    1, code auto formatting;
    Not yet and don't have this scheduled.

2, I can hardly find the highlighted text when I do find;
    We haven't changed the colors here. Are you just finding that there is not enough contrast? What code editor theme are you using? Light? Dark?

3, Even if I changed my store userClassName, it published as something like MyStore1, which is the default name. This does not always happen, but it happens sometimes;
    There was a bug with this under certain cases. We've resolved this in Architect 2.2.

4, In Ext Designer 1.x, there was a JSON view, which is very useful for me to generate some code. However, it does not exist in Sencha Architect 2.x;
    This has always existed in Architect. Go to code view, change from "Generated Class" to "Generated JSON".

5, I'm hoping most common properties like itemId, name, title, data... will be on the top of the list;
    Architect axed the idea of a (Common) group at the top of the property pane. The problem is it was very difficult to have a list of what was truly common for a particular component. It may return down the line but it won't be in 2.2.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reply, Aaron.
    Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Thanks for the wish list. I'll let you know what you will receive
    Not yet and don't have this scheduled.
    I'm wondering if you think code formatting is not important or it is technically difficult. I don't see many editors really do code formatting well, with the only exceptions of eclipse, and netbeans. To me, this is very important thing, I'm so obsessive of how my code looks like.

We haven't changed the colors here. Are you just finding that there is not enough contrast? What code editor theme are you using? Light? Dark?
    It's much better when I changed to Dark. Previously I was using Light, I believe it's the default editor theme in Architect 2.x.

There was a bug with this under certain cases. We've resolved this in Architect 2.2.
    Thanks, great news to me.

This has always existed in Architect. Go to code view, change from "Generated Class" to "Generated JSON".
    Thanks!!

Architect axed the idea of a (Common) group at the top of the property pane. The problem is it was very difficult to have a list of what was truly common for a particular component. It may return down the line but it won't be in 2.2.
    I agreed and understood the difficulties because components and components are so different. However, the first properties I almost always set after they are created are itemId, name, label for form fields, and title for panels... Is it possible that for these most used properties we don't have to do a search or scroll down job? My $.02. Thanks.
    Last edited by elgs; 22 Feb 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typos

Vote Rating

Re: code formatting its really neither of these. It just has yet to be prioritized; we have a lot of stuff ahead of it that we must complete.

Regarding searching in the propertypane you can put in a search like itemId|name|label and then lock it and move between components. Note there is a small bug here in 2.1 that it won't persist multiple searches when moving from component to component but this has been fixed in 2.2.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran