Vote Rating
    vincentc is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: ExtJS + Sencha Touch ...again !

Unanswered: ExtJS + Sencha Touch ...again !

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a plan to support touch events on ExtJS ?

I have seen many other threads speaking about, but no suitable answer.Everything is said in those, but to resume, many developers hope for an ExtJS version that manage touch event, because a screen tablet is sufficient enough to manage such apps.

One thread speak about Sencha Platform too. What is it, and where can we found it ?

Best regards
    -->

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha Platform is the core of the frameworks. In the early days of ST2 (before 2.0.0) Ext JS 4 and ST2 shared the same core but ST2 started using the config object throughout the framework and things needed to be updated causing the split between the frameworks. To get Ext JS 4 to work the same as ST2 would be a huge undertaking and out of the scope for Ext JS 4.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
    -->

Vote Rating
    vincentc is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply, but ...

I understand that usually, a application for a mobile device (big and small screen, pad or mobile) needs a different approach than desktop. I mean "usually", for actual common practices.
    As i saw on Windows 8, for common applications (email, messages, contacts, calendar), the way is to simplify interface. It suits for desktop or pad (i assume mobile is different, because the resolution is too smaller). And i think many apps and programs (desktop or not) will feet this. Adding to this, many desktop will probably become responsive to gestures.

I doesn't need the theme of Sencha, because i prefer to have my own identity. Responsiveness and simplicity is really important to me too, so i prefer to reduce verbose templates with so many encapsulate divs and elements, to retreive essential structure. Same for the components, with too many options. My leitmotiv as Antoine de Saint-Exupery said : "the perfection is aimed, not when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing to put off"

My goal for my apps is having the save presentation on 9.7"+ and desktop, and simplify development with one framework. As Sencha is engaged in HTML5, i totally agree with you (i think that future Ext had to forgive IE8 and under IMHO).
    So, all I really need is the support of touch Events in Ext, to manage events and gesture. Am i right ? What can I do for that ? Could I just include Sencha Touch events class in Extjs ? Is there another way ?

Subsidiary question : what's the better way to have Ext 4 with no theme (black and white, no style define, no backgrounds, no icons, etc.) ?
    -->

Thread Participants: 1