Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

Default JAM component installation issues

JAM component installation issues

HI;
    I am trying to use and get acquainted with JAM https://github.com/toorshia/jam
    I
    am having some install problems from the get go. I went to the github rep and downloaded the project from the master branch and installed it on my webserver.
    trying to load the app yielded the following problems:
    1. the sencha libraries were missing - that's ok. I droped them and passed this obsticle.
    2. cordova.js was missing - went ahead and downloaded cordova-2.1.0.js (what is it anyway and why do I need it) and skipped that obsticle also.

now everything seem to load (looking at the network tab of the inspector does not show any problems) and there are no errors in the console but the app I see is some kind of a half baked app that does not work. its not the one I see on the JAM example page (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6211055/PRO...age/index.html)

can anyone help?
    thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    chrisubick is on a distinguished road

Default JAM

JAM

I'm having the same problem getting JAM to load in the browser. I can't see the items on the side when you slide out, and the toolbar at the top is just the one button. all I'm trying to use it for is the side out capability, I tried some others first, but this one seems like the code makes the most sense. Only, I can't get it to work...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Update

Update

I've gotten things to show up finally. it looks like there is a problem with the setItems( ) method. To get the menu to show up I deleted the userBar from the setItems in Menu.js. And to get the home screen to show up you can delete the header from the setItems in Home.js, but this makes the header disappear.. If anyone else is trying to implement this functionality and has had more success, please let me know what I'm missing. thanks!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    toorshia is on a distinguished road

Guys, thanks for your interest in JAM.

I am just writing to tell you I care
    Regarding your questions - I am in a vicious circle right know, working round the clock like a maniac.

I'll be back Saturday/Sunday with some help/answers.

Cheers!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

sure thing
    thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by gkatz View Post
    I am trying to use and get acquainted with JAM https://github.com/toorshia/jam
    Just for my own curiosity: I know you have been playing around with the sidemenu from wnielsen. And everybody seems to love this component. So I'm wondering what is the reason for checking out JAM now? Are there problems with the sidemenu? Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Actually;
    there is no "real" reason. from my point of view these are the things:
    - back in the day, the original component had problems in android (ICS), the sliding door had many glitches that prevented me from thinking about it as something I can take to production. in all honesty, I re-checked it a few day ago and it seems that the problem was solved
    - JAM just seems easier to understand, its small and to the point so the learning curve is a bit better.
    - in general, I have to say I did not give the original one another try recently. I am sure its good enough for my needs now and probably good docs.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Ok. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'm still trying to implement JAM. My current issue is getting different panels to load in the main container. seems like it should be an easy thing, but I'm banging my head on the wall.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@toorshia
    I
    think what we mostly need is a working github that we can DL and play with the component order to learn what you did. currently it does not seem to be the case.
    many thanks.