Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    koblass is on a distinguished road

Default sencha generate theme, how to ?!?

sencha generate theme, how to ?!?

Hi everyone,

I would like to generate a new theme for my Ext js 4.1.1 gpl project, but I must miss something, because I do not understand how it works...

I tried the following command "
    Code:
    sencha generate theme foo
    ", but I got the following message
    Code:
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.2.288
    [ERR]           Failed to determine framework path.  Please ensure this command was issued from either a framework or application directory
    So my question is quite simple... How to start...
    In which folder am I supposed to be ?

I read the documentation about the theme creation, but I couldn't find this information...
    I guess once told it will be obvious, but I must admit that I don't understand how to do it...

Best regards
    Daniel

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using 4.1.1 or 4.1.1a?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Mitchell,

I guess it is version 4.1.1 as I have it for a while...
    I wasn't aware of a different version with the same number...
    In the archive it is written 4.1.1-gpl.

Best regards
    Daniel

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When Sencha Cmd was released, we released a 4.1.1a that was exactly like 4.1.1 but can use Cmd. You can get a link to 4.1.1a at: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ha-Cmd-V3-Beta
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ok, this was the first thing.

But the problem is now located in the documentation !

Build an app is defined like this in the doc (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!.../command_theme)

Code:
    sencha generate app /temp/dummyApp
    but this doesn't work ! You have to specify the app name before setting the path. Like this

Code:
    sencha generate app dummyApp /temp/dummyApp
    Then regarding the theme generation with compass, all the path are wrong !

Here is what the doc clam :

Code:
    cd /path/to/MyApp/resources/sass/default
    compass compile
    But here is the reality :

Code:
    cd /path/to/MyApp/packages/themeName/sass
    compass compile
    At this stage I have to say that the documentation doesn't deserve the CMD at all !!!
    I do understand taht things are moving, but please, update de documentation and try to have a real step by step explanation for theme building.

I'm still a little bit confuse with the images...
    When I run the following command to build my theme

Code:
    sencha theme build energee
    the images are copied from "ext\resources\themes\images\default" folder to my theme resource image folder. So if I understand it well, this mean that I need to change the images I want to change (let say the close button image) directly in the default theme image... Not a good practice I think...
    And then, why do I have all the images (even the generated one) in this default folder ??!!?? I should only see the images that I have to change (like the clode button image for the panel or tabs), but not all the rounded corner sprits. Don't you think so ?!?

Last thing, why your theming system is generating so much images ? One of the good thing with Compass is the ability to generate sprites, so why this feature is not used ? For me each image should be a separate file at first and the compilation phase should "merge" all those files in a few sprites files. The way it is done now is not well optimized...

Thanks in advance for your feedback on all this

Best regards
    Daniel

Thread Participants: 1