Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    frankbolviken is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Specify URL for services?

Answered: Specify URL for services?

Hi,

We have an ExtJS application with java serverside controllers for getting data.
    Right now, when I build the app, and tries to run it, I get a few error messages in the chrome inspector (remote debuggin):

XMLHttpRequest cannot load ionp:///services/locales/no_NB?_dc=1...mit=25&start=0. Origin ionp:// is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.
    XMLHttpRequest cannot load ionp:///services/user/loggedin?_dc=1360848310135. Origin ionp:// is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.
    Uncaught Error: NETWORK_ERR: XMLHttpRequest Exception 101

Is there anywhere to specify URL's to use when calling java controllers etc? Or is functionality like this not supported yet? Guess it should be possible to build the java classes into this app also or something.
    This is the contents of my .json file:

Code:
      {
           "applicationName": "Projectname",
           "applicationIconPaths": ["HelloWorld.ico", "HelloWorld.icns"],
           "versionString": "1.0",
           "outputPath": "build/packager",
           "webAppPath": "build/projectname/production/",
           "settings": {
               "mainWindow": {
                   "autoShow": true
               },
               "allowCrossSite": true,
               "remoteDebuggingPort": 9100,
               "security": {
                    "allowFileSystemAccess": true
                }
           }
       }

2. "allowCrossSite" belongs under the "security" config object. Try moving that there and repackage your application. Let me know if this helps! Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

Were you using json store/proxy? If this is the case, you might probably want to google for jsonp store/proxy. If you are using java at the backend, this filter might be useful to you, as you don't need to modify the logic in the backend. If you are using other backend than java, this might be a reference to implement another filter, too.

Code:
    public class JSONPRequestFilter implements Filter {

@Override
        public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, FilterChain chain) throws IOException,
                ServletException {
            HttpServletRequest httpRequest = (HttpServletRequest) request;

if (isJSONPRequest(httpRequest)) {
                ServletOutputStream out = response.getOutputStream();

out.println(getCallbackParameter(httpRequest) + "(");
                chain.doFilter(request, response);
                out.println(");");

response.setContentType("text/javascript");
            } else {
                chain.doFilter(request, response);
            }
        }

private String getCallbackParameter(HttpServletRequest httpRequest) {
            return httpRequest.getParameter("callback");
        }

private boolean isJSONPRequest(HttpServletRequest httpRequest) {
            String callbackMethod = getCallbackParameter(httpRequest);
            return (callbackMethod != null && callbackMethod.length() > 0);
        }

}

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Aha, so I need to change all my json proxies on the client side to jsonp proxies? and then it might work? Doh :P Just giving this a try though, but it seems like a cool idea.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

Yes, I believe you have to do change to all client stores/proxies from json to jsonp. But this should not be very painful.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

"allowCrossSite" belongs under the "security" config object. Try moving that there and repackage your application. Let me know if this helps! Thanks.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Ok, I got it working with adding allowCrossSite under security, and making some changes to the URL we use when calling.

But I have a couple of questions..

History is removed (why not just hidden??), so if you have based your application on history navigation (which everyone should), it becomes useless when packaging application. (Can't navigate at all)

Cookie is removed. Why not just keep this in some way in the packaged app? Seems strange to deactivate it.

All in all, I thought the meaning of this was just to create a "shell", and hiding browser specific things from the view of the users. If not, we will have to implement 2 versions of the application as it is now.

Frank

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

We have cookie support coming in our next release. History persistence is a good feature request, thank you. There are plenty of use cases for using window.history back()/forward()/go(), agreed. Our focus out of the gate was supporting single-paged applications e.g. Sencha Architect which do not navigate or operate using history management, but instead use menu items and desktop-y UI. We'll put history management on the list.

This is meant to be a shell, but with obvious host integration enhancements. A good portion of the browser feature-set is integrated custom from the bottom-up, not from the top-down. E.g. for cookie support, we have to build that support in, hook up a cookie jar, persist the cookies to the right location that segregates your application's cookies from other SDP applications' cookies, etc. We will have to similarly hook up and enable history. It's not as simple as just removing the browser chrome. Don't hesitate to point these omissions out, we want to make sure your use cases are addressed, particularly if your code runs in a standards compliant browser. Thanks!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    h.koch is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just read the interesting post about changing all store proxies to jsonp, but how do I change the "base url" of the jsonp proxy dynamically? Let's say I have an ExtJS application with several stores to be available externally (i.e. given in a REST based service with a different URL per installation), how to pass the application the URL of the REST service when starting the app?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi,

In our project we have overridden Ext.data.Connection, and the "setupURL" method. So I just hardcoded the URL there. I'm sure it's possible to read that from some kind of config file or something also if you need to change it based on where you are.

Frank

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    franklt69 is on a distinguished road

Hi some doubt, I have an
    Ext.data.array in the Ext.data.proxy.Ajax I have url= resources/app/locale/es.js

if I set in the config.json file

Code:
          "allowCrossSite": false,
    and try with the bowser I can see in the console

XMLHttpRequest cannot load ionp:/app/locale/es.js?_dc=1370367198651. Origin ionp:// is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

and the app don't show the data, then I change to

Code:
          "allowCrossSite": true,
    repackage and run and I don't get error in the console, but yet the app don't show the data, so how I should be to work with Ext.data.array ? any help is welcome

regards
    Frank