Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    spacehunter is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: White Flash Issue

Answered: White Flash Issue

Does anyone notice a white flash when loading html pages consecutively? It's a very quick flash (when switching web pages), but very annoying after showing several slides. I've notice this behavior is more prevalent in fullscreen mode.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

2. This is normal behavior in browsers, they paint progressively when loading a fresh document.

I've used a few web-based slideshow presentation software, and they would never load fresh html documents for each slide...each slide was progressively loaded via XHR and transitioned in from off the screen, all in the same document. This gave the best UX. One way or another, I do suggest finding a more sophisticated presentation software.

For instance, see the html5rocks.com slide deck: http://slides.html5rocks.com/

I like your suggestion of setting the default bitmap color when painting begins, we'll certainly consider this as a configuration ability. Thanks!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I forgot to mention that I'm using the basic window.open method to traverse the html documents.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

We haven't noticed this per se, but also haven't exercised quick navigations. Is this "white flash" just the content area of the browser repainting the new document? Have you tried location.href instead of window.open?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. Iv'e tried your suggestion using window href and I get the same results It would be nice to have a configuration option to change the background color of the painting routine. I will have to explore other possible solutions.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

This is normal behavior in browsers, they paint progressively when loading a fresh document.

I've used a few web-based slideshow presentation software, and they would never load fresh html documents for each slide...each slide was progressively loaded via XHR and transitioned in from off the screen, all in the same document. This gave the best UX. One way or another, I do suggest finding a more sophisticated presentation software.

For instance, see the html5rocks.com slide deck: http://slides.html5rocks.com/

I like your suggestion of setting the default bitmap color when painting begins, we'll certainly consider this as a configuration ability. Thanks!

Thread Participants: 1