Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Lukappa is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: OS API growth

Answered: OS API growth

Hello,
    do you have a roadmap about the next APIs development?

Eg. do you know if we'll have possibility to set the dock/taskbar icon badge of app in the OS?

2. We do have an internal roadmap, but nothing public facing at this time. Tighter integration into particular OS features (such as OS X icon badges, and Windows 8 sidebar menus) are on the list, among more generalized/OS-neutral features. We appreciate feedback and feature requests, which weigh heavily on our decisions of how to prioritize features and API enhancements.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

We do have an internal roadmap, but nothing public facing at this time. Tighter integration into particular OS features (such as OS X icon badges, and Windows 8 sidebar menus) are on the list, among more generalized/OS-neutral features. We appreciate feedback and feature requests, which weigh heavily on our decisions of how to prioritize features and API enhancements.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thank you jarrednicholls!
    Maybe it's a good idea to open a forum category for you devs, to get only new requests and suggestions about that.

Here some other question:
    Packaging an app, everything will run under the Ion.ui.mainWindow.
    Is there any way to open a new window from the mainWindow?
    With "new window" I mean a OS Window (something like new Ion.ui.Window).

Can we hide/make transparent the background color of mainWindow?
    Eg. creation of a widget app (like weather, sticky notes etc.) should happen inside a window without frame/bg color.
    I found a solution about hidding the frame using the type of window as "splashscreen" but I can't find something about bg-color... even with CSS I have no good results.

Is there any way to use the OS notification center?

Using an Ext.ux file uploader with browser like Chrome, I can upload multiple files at the same time (multi selection allowed). Trying the same with the app package I can select just 1 file per time.

Thank you for your time.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Maybe it's a good idea to open a forum category for you devs, to get only new requests and suggestions about that.
    Yes, I agree. In the meantime I'm going to post a sticky thread about how to post a feature request. We have the ability to integrate forum posts with our backend ticket tracker, so having feature requests each in their own separate thread definitely helps us with not only keeping track of them, but communicating their progress.

Packaging an app, everything will run under the Ion.ui.mainWindow.
    Is there any way to open a new window from the mainWindow?
    With "new window" I mean a OS Window (something like new Ion.ui.Window).
    This is the feature we are currently working on, right now The API setup will allow for multiple Ion.ui.Window instances. This was a big feature request in our closed beta group and it's in the top 3 for v1.2.

Can we hide/make transparent the background color of mainWindow?
    Eg. creation of a widget app (like weather, sticky notes etc.) should happen inside a window without frame/bg color.
    I found a solution about hidding the frame using the type of window as "splashscreen" but I can't find something about bg-color... even with CSS I have no good results.
    Fantastic feature request! This is something I've wanted too, to be honest Unfortunately no we don't have a way to set the bitmap bg color during painting, but this was just recently asked by someone else as well and I think it would be a nice configuration option.

Is there any way to use the OS notification center?
    Alas no, not as of now; but Desktop Notification support (which would include OS notification center) is already on the list for sure.

Using an Ext.ux file uploader with browser like Chrome, I can upload multiple files at the same time (multi selection allowed). Trying the same with the app package I can select just 1 file per time.
    This is too funny. When I implemented the file chooser dialog for <input type="file" />, I initially did it as only single-select due to time constraint, and I said to myself "it will be my luck that someone is going to point out this omission almost immediately". You win the prize! This is also on the list to go back and address this, thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

ehehe I have just started to use it... these were only my "after 30 minutes of testing" requests
    I think I'll buy it asap...but I will make you tired with my requests!

What a pity about bg color! Can't you find a workaround? Something like making the window frame smaller than the overlay bg image? (Even I think that content is constrained inside the frame).

Looking forward for next and next more version I wish you a good job (as all you've done until now)
    ...and I'll wait for my prize!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi jarrednicholls ,
    do you have an idea about the release date of packager 1.2 (multi-window API)?

Thank you

Answers
    Vote Rating

No dates at this time, apologies!

Thread Participants: 1