Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    stevechappell is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: CodeMirror2 and Ext JS 4.1

Answered: CodeMirror2 and Ext JS 4.1

Ok - EXTJS Newbie alert....

I am trying to integrate Code Mirror2 to replace a textarea. I don't need another link to codeMirror2 sample, I got the code - I have the "plugin" (not sure what that term is supposed to imply), my issues are simple;

1) Where do I put the javascript files that come with CodeMirror2
    2) Where do I put the plug-in code

Anyone done this?

2. So the problem with CodeMirror2, is that it to dang simple to use. I was makeing much harder than it neededed to be. For others wanting to use CodeMirror, with EXT JS, here is all I had to do;

var textarea1 = Ext.getCmp('DBxRESPSCRIPT');
    myCodeMirror1 = CodeMirror.fromTextArea(textarea1.el.dom,{
    lineNumbers: true,
    content: textarea1.getRawValue(),
    matchBrackets: true,
    value: textarea1.value,
    electricChars:true,
    autoClearEmptyLines: true,
    extraKeys: {"Enter": "newlineAndIndentContinueComment"}
    });

The key was to get the TextArea Element Dom, hightlighted above, once I got over that hurdle, it was a snap.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using an app generated using Sencha Cmd?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

So the problem with CodeMirror2, is that it to dang simple to use. I was makeing much harder than it neededed to be. For others wanting to use CodeMirror, with EXT JS, here is all I had to do;

var textarea1 = Ext.getCmp('DBxRESPSCRIPT');
    myCodeMirror1 = CodeMirror.fromTextArea(textarea1.el.dom,{
    lineNumbers: true,
    content: textarea1.getRawValue(),
    matchBrackets: true,
    value: textarea1.value,
    electricChars:true,
    autoClearEmptyLines: true,
    extraKeys: {"Enter": "newlineAndIndentContinueComment"}
    });

The key was to get the TextArea Element Dom, hightlighted above, once I got over that hurdle, it was a snap.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

...Sorry - I also need to to include all the proper resources from the Codemirror package, shown below, but also I mis-spoke, I am using CodeMirror 3.2 (not 2).

(Here is a dump of my app.html)
    Code:
    < head> <metahttp-equiv="Content-Type"content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <title>CBAdmin</title> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/ext-all.js"></script> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/resources/css/ext-all.css"> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/lib/codemirror.js"></script> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/lib/codemirror.css"> <scriptsrc="../resources/cafe/AppConfigs.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/cafe/CafeFieldLibraries.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/cafe/CafeToolBarControl.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/cafe/CafeEngine.js"></script> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/cafe/CafeEngine.css"> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/mode/javascript/javascript.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/lib/util/formatting.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/hint/javascript-hint.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/dialog/dialog.js"></script> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/dialog/dialog.css"> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/mode/htmlmixed/htmlmixed.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/search/match-highlighter.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/search/search.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/search/searchcursor.js"></script> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/theme/eclipse.css"> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/theme/ambiance.css"> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/theme/solarized.css"> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/edit/matchbrackets.js"></script> <scriptsrc="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/hint/simple-hint.js"></script> <linkrel="stylesheet"href="../resources/extjs/CodeMirror/addon/hint/simple-hint.css"> <scriptsrc="./General.js"id="general"></script> <scripttype="text/javascript"src="app.js?_dc=1361134341930"></script>
    </head>

Thread Participants: 1