Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nmb1106 is on a distinguished road

Default MessageBox not appearing until work is done on grid

MessageBox not appearing until work is done on grid

I'm having trouble getting any type of messagebox to appear. I have a tree grid that with this UI can contain hundreds of nodes. The current example I have is 888 total items in the grid. When the grid gets this large the collapse/expand methods can take a large amount of time during which the browser appears as it is hung.

I have placed a collapse button on my toolbar and in the selection method did this:

MessageBox mb = MessageBox.wait("XML Preview", "Collapsing tree", "Please wait...");
    treeGrid.collapseAll();
    mb.close();

The messagebox is never appearing at all...to see if it was appearing and closing i deleted the mb.close line and tried it again...the MessageBox doesn't appear until after all of the collapseAll work is done.

I thought maybe this is happening because the grid is being updated so it appears over the top of the mb. To make sure that wasn't the case I shrunk my grid window and see nothing appearing behind it.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried this several ways..on the before collapse/collapse grid events..beforeselect/select button events..view ready.. No luck..

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

The problem is that in your browser, everything is single threaded. You need to add some time between showing the MessageBox and collapsing your entries.
    Code:
    MessageBox mb = MessageBox.wait("XML Preview", "Collapsing tree", "Please wait...");
    Scheduler.get().scheduleDeffered(new Scheduler.Command() {
    treeGrid.collapseAll();
    mb.close();
    }

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nmb1106 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the response, knew it was something like that.

Instead of the wait I'd like to do a progress bar but thats even worse..can't update the progress bar for the same exact problem..tried nesting another defer in there but didn't work ...If not this is good enough thanks a lot

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    A.Rothe is on a distinguished road

I would add your treeGrid code into an Events.Show listener, which you could add to the MessageBox.getDialog().

André

Thread Participants: 2