Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    chrigil is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Best way to add Device Profiles when using Sencha Architect

Unanswered: Best way to add Device Profiles when using Sencha Architect

I know the Sencha Architect doesn't yet support Device Profiles but what is the recommended way of coding this manually whilst using Sencha Architect?

All the files generated by SA have the following line at the top

* This file will be auto-generated each and everytime you save your project. *
    * Do NOT hand edit this file.

So how can I get the functionality I need whilst still using Architect?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

Keen to hear answers to this. This is the number 1 reason why I haven't purchased Sencha Architect since my trial expired.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    chrigil is on a distinguished road

Well, since absolutely nobody, including the Sencha Architect developers, are able to help out I've had to end up using Eclipse ADT with a couple of JavaScript plugins (purely to colour code the source etc).

Trouble is that obviously, once you start editing the code in ADT you can't go back to using Sencha Architect. If there's something I don't know like how to position something in a particular way for example, I'll open the project in SA, do what I want and then copy and paste it into ADT (my ADT files are a copy of where I got up to in SA).

Any idea when Sencha Architect will support Profiles Mods? It's pretty important that developers can offer their apps on multiple devices with a single codebase.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

This is how I develop too. I did occasionally use Architect to save some time in knocking up some views, but it's just not flexible enough to use on its own, except for quite small, single profile projects.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Thread Participants: 1