Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    blagerweij is on a distinguished road

The demo sources look really promising, I would like to testdrive and play around with Ext4J. Can you at least commit your current draft to Github, so people can play with it ?

It's great that you have a 'Getting Started' section, but without any sources nobody will be able to use it. Also, you'll be able to get others to help you with the coding.

Looking forward to seeing the sources on Github and the binaries on a Maven repo ;-)

Update: I just noticed https://github.com/emitrom/touch4j , which seems the Sencha Touch counterpart from the same author.

With kind regards,

Barry

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

Thx for your interest in Ext4j.
    I m working on getting the source code out asap.
    I will share a new explorer application soon and short after that will upload the code the GitHub to get some community support around the project.

Cheers,

Alain

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks, looking forward to it !

To be honest, I would much rather have the library now than wait for an even more amazing explorer app.

Regards, Barry

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

Ext4j source is really around the corner. It just a matter of days now.
    The new explorer is up http://eemi2010.github.io/ext4j/ and source will follow soon.
    Cheers

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by blagerweij View Post
    Update: I just noticed https://github.com/emitrom/touch4j , which seems the Sencha Touch counterpart from the same author.

Barry
    I created Touch4j yeah. But the project is beeing driven by others now. Since I m really busy with day to day work I m only a commiter to the project now.
    But I m planing to go back to Touch4j development since I see a great potential to a seamless integration between Sencha Touch and Ext JS.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, and having Java strict type-checking makes refactoring a lot easier to perform (although IntelliJ does a pretty good job at it)

I'm curious to see the what Ext4J and Touch4J do in terms of development speed: Can you change/update Java code while the appserver is running ? This is currently why I love ExtJS: you can see immediate results, without having to restart Tomcat for every code change.

Barry

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

The advantages actually go beyong simple code refacroting.
    But lets not start another long discussion on the problems with JavaScript

Yes you get the same edit/refresh work flow that you have with regular JS development.
    I can only speak for myself and the people I work with.

Once we embrassed Ext4j/Touch4j/GWT we never looked back to JS development

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    F-Walzer is on a distinguished road

Impressive !
    Will the Explorer be open source too ?
    Cant wait to see the final product.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I played around a bit with Touch4J (which I presume is similar to Ext4J), and have an concern: Would the application use RPC to fetch data (e.g. from the stores), or would it use the 'normal' JsonStore / XMLHttpRequest way of fetching data ?

Ideally, I would like to leverage static type checking Java code to build the application, but still use ExtJS's JsonStore and Model and View (not the Controller) to run the app.
    IMHO, the 'control' part of their MVC framework is rather weak, and I would much rather use the GWT handlers (e.g. button.addClickHandler()).

What do you use in 'real life' applications ? RPC or XMLHttpRequest/JSON ?

Barry

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

For what I remember the store only expects a list of BaseModel. It does not matter how you get them (RPC, RequestBuilder, RequesFactory, Resty GWT, etc...)

The Proxy mechanism is (not yet) supported.

Concerning event handling i m the one to blame
    Ext4j will have GWT's like Event Handlers(good for UI Binder).
    And I hope to upstream that to Touch4j.

We do use a lot of Resty GWT lately.
    But also RPC and RequestFactory.

Cheers

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar