Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

Default List vs. Dataview

List vs. Dataview

I have a store with 250 items in.

Why is performance excellent on iPad if I use a dataview, but sucks if I use a list?

I know Sencha are putting a ton of time in trying to develop all this clever list performance. So far all I'm getting (up to 2.1.1) is cloggy scrolling and a crowded, memory heavy DOM, and it's now very difficult to style with CSS due to item height issues.

Maybe list overtakes dataview in performance at higher number of records, but for me if you've got more than 200+ items in a list, that's a poor user interface and you should be getting it into a nested list or something else.

Just wanted to post this here because either I'm missing something big here in which case I would love to get the use of list back!, or IMO the community needs to give some feedback on what appears to be a redundant line of development.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    digeridoopoo will become famous soon enough

Default Item height issues

Item height issues

I too am getting item height issues when using a list....seems to be a bit buggy still, sometimes when you scroll the list seems to fix itself but more often than not content overlaps the lists set height. Seems the only way around this is to set a fixed height for each item.

Hopefully this gets updated in 2.2...

Thread Participants: 1