Hybrid View

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-3145 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    atrubka is on a distinguished road

Default Infinite loop in LiveGridView (gxt 2.2.5 / gwt 2.3)

Infinite loop in LiveGridView (gxt 2.2.5 / gwt 2.3)

Hi, guys.

Every version of your library has an infinite loop in LiveGridView!!!
    I was told before to switch to the latest (at that point 2.2.4 or 2.2.5 version to get rid of it).
    I did that eventually. And guess what? There's LiveGridView infinite update loop again. What are your plans on fixing it?!
    Are you even supporting gxt 2.2.5?! We've paid money for this library and keep paying for its support!!!

We're not moving to gxt 3, period. This is like porting our application to C#.

If you want details, they are this. LiveGridView's StoreListener.storeDataChanged() method invokes loadLiveStore(), which in turn invokes storeDataChanged again after delay.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the report. Do you have a working testcase or more information on when this is happening?
    It does not seem to happen here: http://www.sencha.com/examples-2/#livegrid

It might be good to open a real support ticket in your ticket system to schedule a remote desktop session.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You don't have to look far for a test case with infinite loop. Look at my older post:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-a-small-cache

I retested it with the new version and it still has the same infinite loop. It depends on the scroller position, but the test is done the way to start looping right away. Just do this to add the component from my first thread:

Code:
    public class TestModule implements EntryPoint {
        public void onModuleLoad() {
            RootPanel rootPanel = RootPanel.get();
            Viewport viewport = new Viewport();
            viewport.setLayout(new FitLayout());
            viewport.add(new TestComponent());

rootPanel.add(viewport);
        }
    }

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

I moved this thread to the bugs forum for further investigation.

If this is a high priority issue for you, please open a real support ticket in your ticketsystem.

EDIT:
    What happens if you increase your cachesize? If you cache less records than that are visible, it will have unforseen side effects.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

This example is created to illustrate the problem and to show you that LiveGridView is prone to infinite loop problem. In real application settings are different. Namely, cache size is set to 60 rows, but the problem is harder to reproduce as it happens during scrolling.

Still it's a showstopper as we can't even demo our application to users.

P. S. Support link doesn't work currently: https://support.sencha.com/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I can create a LiveGridView copy in my project if workaround requires so, but at this moment I'm not sure how to fix it myself without breaking other LiveGridView features. So I need your assistance.

Thread Participants: 3