Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    wnielson will become famous soon enough

Default Ext.ux.slide.View

Ext.ux.slide.View

My first attempt to make a Facebook-like sliding navigational component, SlideNavigation, has proved to be pretty useful. However, I've gotten a lot of queries from people asking how to make it work in ways that I never originally intended. Some of the most frequent requests are:
    1. Support for both left and right menus simultaneously
    2. Using components other than a list in the menu
    3. Support for multiple slide navigation instances in the same app
    4. Nesting the slide navigation inside other components

With the way that the component is currently designed, achieving any of these would require quite a bit of code changes. So, I've started working on an updated version that is more flexible. I've decoupled the navigation component from the slide component. As a result, all of the above use-cases are now possible and I'm calling the new component 'Ext.ux.slide.View'.

I'll be uploading the code onto GitHub and would love to get some help finishing it. In the meantime, here is a short video to highlight some of the new features of the component.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Looking pretty good!
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    sailei1 is on a distinguished road

Top look!
    Chinese

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

cool stuff! have you ever thought about further expanding this so that it could be used as it is on a phone but as a splitview on a tablet?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

Great to hear this is still alive and well - it's looking great! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Let us know when it's up on github
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

oh and if you're looking for help on the code, I'd be happy to help out. I have this so far: https://github.com/shepsii/sidenav but no reason to kill one bird with two stones ;-)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    wnielson will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by shepsii View Post
    oh and if you're looking for help on the code, I'd be happy to help out. I have this so far: https://github.com/shepsii/sidenav but no reason to kill one bird with two stones ;-)
    I'd love the help dude. I just put the code up on GitHub, but beware it is pretty rough. I literally whipped this together in day. Some stuff is borrowed from my SlideNavigation implementation, but there is a lot of new code in there, so there are bugs aplenty.

My initial plan is to implement at least two main components; the main view (Ext.ux.slide.View) and a convenience class (Ext.ux.slide.List). The slide List would make it easy to achieve functionality like SlideNavigation provides, and could be used as the component on either or both the right and left side. Of course, I'm also totally open to suggestions.

Also, I'm pretty partial to implementing this without a controller--a la the core Sencha components. I like the idea of keeping things simple for people wanting to use this and providing all the base functionality in a single component is really tidy way to achieve this. The 'Ext.ux.slide' namespace also makes it easy to integrate into existing project. My two cents anyway.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

shepsii, wnieolson
    great to see you collab on stuff like this.
    that's why I love this forum. all about sharing and contributing.
    kudos.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Absolutely agree re: controller. The reason it's like that in the example I posted is that the code was ripped out of an application I'm building - hence the full on MVC - but building a component means it should all be on the view, I completely agree. People should be able to use it the same way they do other sencha touch components.

I'll go ahead and take the conversation over to github... cheers!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

@shepsii
    are you going to make your extension component like? I want to start using it but want to wait for this change.
    thanks,