You found a bug! We've classified it as ION-1050 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kim3er is on a distinguished road

I've modified the first example to output the data uri to the src of an iframe using jQuery.

jsPDF has finished it's tasks before the the app crashes, it's only task is to generate the data uri.

Once this bug has been resolved, by next job will be to get jsPDF to output the PDF as a binary Number[], so that it is compatible with ion.io.

Rich

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Got it; I think trying to load the data uri in the iframe is what's causing the crash. That's my hunch. You can decode the data uri into a Number[] (see this stackoverflow page for an example, where you'd use Number[] instead of typed Uint8Array: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...nd-to-formdata).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the tip re converting uris to blobs.

So a possible work around would be be to save the file first, then point the IFRAME to the generated file.

Is it possible to save a file within the app's sandbox? Or reference a file by URL that exists outside of the application?

Rich

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Yes you can reference a file (using a file:// URI) on the system, outside of the application. You'll want to turn on the "allowFileSystemAccess" security setting.

However, we currently don't support a built-in PDF viewer (sounds like what you're trying to do). Another thread has been started for this feature request (and the current crash that occurs when attempting to load such a file). To view the PDF file that's on the file system, you can instead call `Ion.util.openUrl(urlToPdf);` which will open the PDF file in the user's default web browser.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yep, I was half depending on the ability to preview PDFs within the application. I don't imagine it's the end of the world though. I'll keep an eye on the other thread for updates.

Cheers.

Rich

Answers
    Vote Rating

Roger that. Yeah please do keep an eye out, it's a great feature request and there has been a reasonable about of demand for it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sneha.bhat is on a distinguished road

Default Sneha

Sneha

Thanks for reporting issues for SDP. I could not reproduce the issue. If you have more specific information then that would really help us debug the issue.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reply. It seems the executables packaged by Sencha Desktop Packager 1.1.1.398 don't crash any more. I'm hoping to confirm with one or two previous releases of the SDP, but I don't have them now. Does someone know any link that I could download the previous releases? I will be able to tell which versions failed? Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

To the best of my memory, the executable packaged by the previous versions of SDP crashed when doing location.href = module/, and it worked when doing location.href = module/index.html. Seems the latest SDP has fixed this issue.

Again, please note this is loaded from the memory in my brain. I haven't tested it again yet, however, I believe I have tested it at the time I posted this bug. I'd be happy to confirm it if I would have a chance to download the previous releases of the SDP.

Thread Participants: 3