Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    kevhender is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Strange behaviors in Chrome 25 with Ext 4.1?

Unanswered: Strange behaviors in Chrome 25 with Ext 4.1?

Has anyone noticed any strange behaviors with Ext Windows in Chrome 25? Or application has been working for quite a while, and this strange behavior has started within the past few days.

We have Ext Windows that load a form, then load a grid below the form. Once the grid is loaded, at random times the layouts of any new components are suddenly skewed, and all components are aligned to the left, with no flexing.

Here is what a good window looks like:

goodWindow.png

Sometimes the good window shows up a couple of times, sometimes not at all. The bad window that comes up generally looks like this, with the layouts all skewed:

badWindow.png

This app has been working for months, and no changes have been made to this window. The behavior only occurs in Chrome 25. Has anyone else seen any similar behavior?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I have not see anything to the extent that you displaying .. can you duplicate the layout in a test case and then add your custom CSS to see if that is the root?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elvishsu66 is on a distinguished road

I have similar behaviour (ExtJs 4.1.1a) since Chrome updated to version 25. It keeps throwing "Layout run failed" error.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

It keeps throwing "Layout run failed" error.
    That typically means that you have an invalid layout that was 'permitted' to work before.

This was usually seen in moving from 4.07 to 4.1

Is there a small test case available that we can use to test this with?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    That typically means that you have an invalid layout that was 'permitted' to work before.

This was usually seen in moving from 4.07 to 4.1
    Thanks., Scott,
    I am going to have a look at the code. I will also get sample code for you.
    Also, can you give me more hints about the "'permitted' to work before"?
    Since it was working fine before Chrome updated itself to V25.

Cheers,
    Elvis

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    Is there a small test case available that we can use to test this with?

Scott.
    Scott, there is now a test case posted in the Bugs forum: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?257622

It does not happen necessarily the first time, but if you let it run a while, it will eventually corrupt the layout, and all future layouts will be corrupted. As that poster stated, it also seems to happen more readily on slower computers.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by elvishsu66 View Post
    I have similar behaviour (ExtJs 4.1.1a) since Chrome updated to version 25. It keeps throwing "Layout run failed" error.
    FWIW, we are not seeing any errors in our console logs when this condition happens.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi,
    I haven't had chance to build up a test case but I did use Page Analyser to test the page and the error came up after starting to open a window. I understand that the information may not be enough but it may give you guys an idea what might cause the issue?

Oh, just for your information. I use component loader to load a tab page and the tab page contains a button to open a window. The window layout is "fit" which also contains a card layout container. The card layout container contains a grid at first page and a card container at second page. The card container contains a grid and a form. Do you think it has too many components in the tab page?

ExtJS Page Analyzer.jpg

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

BTW, this error doesn't occur in FF.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

So, nobody else is seeing this problem yet? The latest update of Chrome (25.0.1364.152 m) that came today has yet to fix this issue.

This is obviously a problem with Chrome 25 that is breaking layouts. It is causing major problems in our production app. Any additional suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.