Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jihaia is on a distinguished road

Default Controller Action ordering and chaining

Controller Action ordering and chaining

Firstly I apologize if this appears as a duplicate post by me - I tried creating a thread for this before but now cannot locate it on the forum.

The crux of my request is that I would like to know if you can order the actions on controllers. I have a series of actions to be performed on button click (for example) and would like the various handlers to run in a particular order. If the answer is that these are async and therefore make no sense then I can accept that, if not, can someone please point me in the right direction.

Outside of the processing on the events, I would like to make the last handler take care of the navigation, ie navigate from the entry form to the detailed view if the save was successful, or remain on the current form if not successful.

Any guidance in this area is greatly appreciated

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jihaia is on a distinguished road

I should probably point out that my application is configurable, and there may be multiple actions on various controllers registered to a particular components event. It is for this reason that I can't control the actions not written by me and therefore need a way for each handler to register the order in which they will execute.