Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tanujkhanna9 is on a distinguished road

Default Upload a file from combo Button

Upload a file from combo Button

We have a requirement where in we have a Combo Box having labels such as "Import" and "Export".

Now upon clicking this label "Import". We would want a 'Browser Open' window should appear, allowing user to select the file to Upload.

And Upon its selection, the file should be submitted to server.

Please suggest how to proceed on this.

Tanuj Khanna

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Perhaps look at the filefield control and see what it does when you active browser open and duplicate this code in your UX.

Scott

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tanujkhanna9 is on a distinguished road

Thanks i was able to resolve the issue, I just need to add some styling so that it resonates with a standard combo-box.

Also i have this interesting query, I was sending a standard Post 'HTTP' request through a standard submit form rather than AJAX. So as its a standard form submit, I would like to handle the response,

for all correct scenarios, it is well handled by browser i.e. download of a file, but in case of a Server error, how can ExtJs handle this response ?? i just need to save that error message from server.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mousomihoq is on a distinguished road

Any site have tutorial to upload file so you can see these tutorial or visit to nipuhoq.com