Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    XASD is on a distinguished road

Default Where is documentation for 2.2 beta1?

Where is documentation for 2.2 beta1?

Is there any place where I can find docs specific to beta1?

Thanks.
    -->

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

normally there is a docs folder in the sdk you download. I guess it will be same for V2.2b1...
    -->

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There won't be local docs anymore, just the online docs. This is so we can fix bugs and push updates without waiting on a new product release. You can use jsduck to generate docs if you need it also.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
    -->

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    There won't be local docs anymore, just the online docs. This is so we can fix bugs and push updates without waiting on a new product release. You can use jsduck to generate docs if you need it also.
    makes sense - good to know! Is there something in place already for V2.2?
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Problem is-there's no online version, as I can understand, only short release notes that refer to changes in docs, which does not exists.
    -->

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

http://docs-devel.sencha.com/touch/2-2/#

I'll update the announcement as well.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks,for quick fix.
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ebernabei is on a distinguished road

Default touch 2.2 beta 1 docs version mis-match

touch 2.2 beta 1 docs version mis-match

Hello all. I'm new to Sencha, but not new to creating & using platforms.

I realize this is Beta, but can you put in bold font on the release notes something about the fact index.html in the /docs folder of the 2.2 Beta 1 ZIP package points to 2.1 online documentation.
    Futhermore, can you also put a warning in the new online 2.2 docs -- warn new users that they will see 2.1 everywhere by that you actually mean 2.2. This will avoid mass confusion about deprecated functionality vs. new functionality etc....

PS: You made a very good call going with online docs -- the documentation for Sencha Touch is a strange enigma I must admit (even though I am a fan). It's massive and helpful 90% of the time, but all that work seems to fade into the background due to the first impressions new customers get of (a) version inconsistencies all over the place and (b) inability to have full and complete hyperlink coverage from API parameters to their proper definitions (w/ examples) (i.e. in many cases the parm is of type Object ....and the docs dutifully link the user to the the description of what a JavaScript Object is... )

Emilio
    -->

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I fully disagree with this approach and I hope that you consider providing offline docs in the future.

Offline docs has been available since yui-ext and has been something that a lot of folks including myself have enjoyed using!

If i'm 30,000ft in the air, am i SOL because I can't view documentation? If i work in a secure facility with no internet access, am i SOL?

Suggesting that someone use JSDuck to produce offline documentation is really a bad solution and a way to push away customers.
    -->

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Discussion moved here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ommunity-think

Closing thread.
    -->