Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    amaunz is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Local Sorting in Grid Column: how to fix it

Answered: Local Sorting in Grid Column: how to fix it

Hi, I generate my Ext.grid.Panel using Netzke, and I have not learned ExtJS from the bottom up. Here is the problem: I have disabled remote sorting on my grid, and most of my columns now sort numerically, while some sort alphanumerically (i.e. 10<2 for example). But ALL columns contain numerical data only and therefore should sort numerically!

I am sure this has something to do with how Netzke generates the columns (the affected ones are 'virtual' columns), but I would like to fix that on the client side first. Also, enabling remote sorting is not an option. I have now already waisted a lot of time to find out how to fix the sorters for the affected columns, with no success. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am using version 4.1.x of ExtJS.

2. If the data is coming in as a string and you don't have a type on the field in the model then it will think it's just a string. Setting type to 'int' will convert it to an integer allowing the sorting to be numeric.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a type set on the model field?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Do you have a type set on the model field?
    Probably that is what Netzke is missing. Could you indicate how to do it? What do I need to do after having set the type?

Thanks so much!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If the data is coming in as a string and you don't have a type on the field in the model then it will think it's just a string. Setting type to 'int' will convert it to an integer allowing the sorting to be numeric.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    If the data is coming in as a string and you don't have a type on the field in the model then it will think it's just a string. Setting type to 'int' will convert it to an integer allowing the sorting to be numeric.
    What do you mean by 'type'? In my column config object I can set xtype, attrType. I have tried setting both to 'numbercolumn' and 'float'/'int', respectively, but no success. My other options look like this:

flex: 0.75,
    align: 'center',
    filterable: true,
    sortable: true,
    filter: {
    type: 'numeric',
    active: true,
    },
    xtype: 'numbercolumn',
    attrType: 'int',

BTW, filtering works numerically! Please help.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Ok, I have solved it. Setting attrType to decimal in Netzke does the trick. Thank you!

Thread Participants: 1