Vote Rating
    loiane is a jewel in the rough loiane is a jewel in the rough loiane is a jewel in the rough

IMHO, this is a step back and a big Fail!
    Many people use the offline docs, myself included.
    Today, people already go to online docs for most updated version and also to read other user's comments.
    What's the harm of having an offline version for downloading? Just update it on the releases. Or have two versions for download: one with the docs, and one without the docs.
    Sencha/Java evangelist
    Author of ExtJS 4 First Look and Mastering Ext JS books
    English blog: http://loianegroner.com
    Portuguese blog: http://loiane.com
    Sencha Examples: https://github.com/loiane
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    maurojulianayala has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Una pregunta , el precio de sencha es en dolares o en pesos

Una pregunta , el precio de sencha es en dolares o en pesos

Una pregunta , el precio de sencha es en dolares o en pesos mi emai es mauro.julian.ayala@gmail.com muchas gracias
    -->

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

Default Offline Docs

Offline Docs

What do you think about having both Online and Offline docs by using HTML5 storage?

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/features/storage

Brandon
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dougbieber is on a distinguished road

Default offline?

offline?

Why not use the Sencha Desktop Packager and let people download a desktop version.?
    -->

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by peterdehaan View Post
    @Jay,

What about if we provided a separate, standalone ZIP with all the docs for the product/version?
    I like that idea that not having anything , but why not just bundle it with the framework like it always has been?
    -->

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dougbieber View Post
    Why not use the Sencha Desktop Packager and let people download a desktop version.?
    I would disagree with this, given the overhead of having to package and distribute, as well as install. I don't want a separate binary running to show docs, when i can just show docs using a thread in chrome.
    -->

Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

So, good news.

The downloadable zip versions of the docs are now available at http://docs.sencha.com/

For now just the latest Touch and Ext are covered, but it's just a matter of time to make the older versions downloadable too.

Regarding bundling the docs with the framework download, we want to direct people more towards using the online version, so having the docs inside framework download would just introduce unnecessary bloat (it's quite a significant amount). But for those of you who care about offline docs, they're now just one additional click away.

And thanks for bringing up the whole topic, we kinda had forgotten about the offline docs.
    -->

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by renku View Post
    So, good news.
    The downloadable zip versions of the docs are now available at http://docs.sencha.com/
    Sounds reasonable.

Granted, nowadays everybody is almost 100% of the time on line.

But chances are that you were in a plane, your Internet connection failed or go to somewhere that there is no Internet connection available.

I personally go to on line docs 99% of the time but there has been occasions where I have to use off line help.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    l0k1 is on a distinguished road

Jay: Of course! Absolutely. Every other framework has offline doc. Developers sometimes work on trains, buses, restaurants---places where they are briefly w/o an internet connection. And even running the doc localhost from xampp can be a pain when using some of the low-power laptops provided by big corporations.
    -->

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

I also use the docs offline depending on where i'm at.
    And you don't need xampp to open the docs.

I just load the index page from the file system and the docs work fine for me in firefox.
    -->