Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lee el is on a distinguished road

Default Saving several forms together using Ext.direct

Saving several forms together using Ext.direct

Hi,

I have an architecture question about saving several forms together.
    lets say I have a panel which contains 3 tabs inside it and each tab contains configuration parameters that the user can change.

after the user changed what he wants he clicks on the Save button and then I would like to submit all the changes to the server side.
    at the end of the chain I need to submit to my java server one Object which contains 3 other objects that represent the data of each tab (1 object for tab).

what is the correct way to do this with Ext.Direct?

thanks,
    Lee

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The good thing about Direct is if you execute multiple direct functions within a certain amount of time it will batch the requests into one and then separate it server side.

If you don't want to do the splitting server side and just want to hit one direct function then you will just need to get the values from each form and then execute a direct function manually passing the object.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1