Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-9005 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Default Ext.view.NodeCache must confirm element exists before trying to use it

Ext.view.NodeCache must confirm element exists before trying to use it

Using a grid with BufferedRenderer, if an item is deliberately removed from the backing store and that item's index isn't in the current set of viewable indexes, an error is thrown during NodeCache.removeElement().

Since the index falls within the range of fromIndex and endIndex, it tries to locate the element and run el.setAttribute('data-recordIndex', index) on it. This neglects the fact that even though the index is within fromIndex and endIndex, it is NOT present in the more limited set of indexes in the elements object.

I'm not sure if this means fromIndex and endIndex need to be changed to reflect only the indexes that are actually rendered, or if a check just needs to be made prior to the setAttribute() call to confirm an element was found. In my case, I manually changed the condition on line 272 of NodeCache from

Code:
    if (fromIndex <= me.endIndex)
    to

Code:
    if (fromIndex <= me.endIndex && elements.hasOwnProperty(index))
    This gets around the problem and everything seems to work correctly. I'm also not sure if there are other views that may be susceptible to this issue, or if NodeCache is the only view that could be affected by using the BufferedRenderer.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I opened up the buffer-grid.html example and used this in the console with no error:

Code:
    Ext.ComponentQuery.query('gridpanel')[0].getStore().removeAt(4000);
    Record at 4,000 index isn't in view as I haven't scrolled at all. Did I miss a step?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, looks like it has to do with actually scrolling. For example, if you scroll all the way to the end of the grid, then try to run Ext.ComponentQuery.query('gridpanel')[0].getStore().removeAt(0);, you'll get the error.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

In case it narrows down the cause, a bit more playing seems to indicate that it ONLY happens if you scroll all the way to the end and then try to remove an item that's above the top of the viewable list.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, seems the scrolling is the key. Will report this into our bug system.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

What if you add the following override?

Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.grid.plugin.BufferedRendererTableView, {

onRemove: function(store, records, indices) {
            var bufferedRenderer = this.bufferedRenderer;

// The view has the full complement of rows that the BufferedRenderer needs - must refresh
            if (bufferedRenderer && this.all.getCount() >= bufferedRenderer.viewSize) {

// If the removed range is entirely outside the rendered range, we don't care about removal.
                if (indices[0] < this.all.startIndex || indices[indices.length - 1] > this.all.endIndex) {
                    return;
                }

this.onDataRefresh();
            }
            // No BufferedRenderer present
            // or
            // View has not yet reached the viewSize: we can add as normal.
            else {
                this.callParent([store, records, indices]);
            }
        }
    });

Vote Rating

No, that's no good. It must update the view on delete to bump the data upwards if a row above has been deleted...

Hmm...

Vote Rating

I can't make it throw an error.

I run examples/grid/buffer-grid.html

Then get a reference to the store, and scroll the data to the end.

Then do

Code:
    store.removeAt(0);
    It goes to row zero, so the preserveScrollOnRefresh needs to be set if buffered rendering is happening (I'll fix that)

But it does not throw an error. How can I reproduce this?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Animal, are you saying if you do exactly what I did above (in the browser console), you don't get an error?

Vote Rating

Yep!

Thread Participants: 2