Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    darkorigins is on a distinguished road

Default ExtDirect / Architect Example?

ExtDirect / Architect Example?

Hi All

Are there any examples of how to utilise ExtDirect in Architect? I'm trying to get a simple example working and I think there's something fundamental I'm missing about how direct is configured in the Architect GUI.

I have a direct resource inserted, and it can see the api on the server end, but not sure how to connect the rest in to form a simple CRUD application.

Please forgive me if this is already around somewhere and I've missed it, I've very new to all the Sencha stuff and just trying to do some proof of concept work before throwing cash at them :-)

Thanks

Mark

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    darkorigins is on a distinguished road

Default Problems possibly being caused by a bug in Architect?

Problems possibly being caused by a bug in Architect?

A new bit of info ...

The example I've been trying to duplicate in Architect is the Ext Direct / grid one from the manual http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!...irect_grid_pt1

Having finally given up with Ext Direct I used the same project to test some other bits. Imagine my suprise when the direct code started working once I'd published the project and loaded it in a live environment!

So ... I now have the example direct project which seems to work in the live environment but when in Architect produces the error "Unable to load data from the supplied directFn." when I do "Load Data" on the data store.

A bug in Architect maybe?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mark

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Hey Mark -

I've been doing a lot of real app development inside of Architect using Direct and did find one critical bug that will be fixed in the next release. The problem involved when you had a leading "/" in the url configuration of your direct endpoint it would not load properly.

Make sure that you set your URL Prefix and url for the direct resource properly.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Gil Gordon will become famous soon enough

Default The issue Aaron mentions should be fixed in the latest Architect 2.2 builds

The issue Aaron mentions should be fixed in the latest Architect 2.2 builds

http://www.sencha.com/products/architect/download/

Thread Participants: 2