Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vosManz is on a distinguished road

Default Forum - IE10 compatibility

Forum - IE10 compatibility

Hi There, I'm sorry to write everything on 1 line, but it seems the reply section of this forum doesn't support IE10. In the field I'm currently typing in now, the enter-key doesn't make a new line. Also, the search function in a forum doesn't seems to work. For example, open the Open Discussion forum, type 'IE10' in the 'Sencha Search' bar, and press enter. In chrome I get the search results, but in IE10 I get a Sencha Help dialog. Are these known problems? I am using Win8/IE10: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0). Greetings, vosManz

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I don't have IE 10 to hand but you might want to try turning off the wysiwyg editor (A/A button, top left). That should give you an HTML textarea, which I'd expect to be more stable than the wysiwyg monstrosity.

If I were in charge I'd remove the button and force everyone to use the non-wysiwyg editor. That may go some way to explaining why I'm not in charge.

Seriously though, removing some of those buttons might not be a bad idea - I suspect many people never find the useful ones (like the all-important #). Why do we need a font-size box? Superscript? They're available via BBCode, that's surely sufficient for about half of them?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vosManz is on a distinguished road

Ah indeed, I didn't see that function.

When I click it, I can make new lines
    BBcode is good enough for me. WYSIWYG is nice too, if it works

Thanks for your reply!

Thread Participants: 1