Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    emste is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Updating toolbar on model change

Answered: Updating toolbar on model change

Hi!

I'm searching for a neat way to bind the appearance of a toolbar to a model.

In particular, I have a bunch of buttons that are visible or not depending on the model's state.
    Let's say the model is an item the user can watch. If he does (the watch property of the item turns true), I want to hide the toolbar's watch button and show an unwatch button.

The only approach I came up with so far is to add all the buttons (there are 8) to the toolbar, hide them by default and simply call a method that hide()/show() s the respective buttons when the model changes or the view is initialized.

I'm passing the model as record property to the toolbar during it's creation:
    Code:
    {xtype: 'mytoolbar', record: myModel}
    My next step would be to add a listener to the toolbar's controller that calls an updateButtons() method whenever the model is changed. But the only event I found is updatedata, which is only called if the toolbar's data is changed.

Do I really need to use the data property of the toolbar instead of the record property? Because that would mean I have to call setData() everytime the model changes...

But maybe there is a solution I don't know yet, so any help is appreciated :-)

2. Use the updateRecord method in your toolbar component which will get called anytime the setRecord method is called or when the component is created with the record config.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Use the updateRecord method in your toolbar component which will get called anytime the setRecord method is called or when the component is created with the record config.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    emste is on a distinguished road

Default callParent necessary?

callParent necessary?

Thanks for your help, it works as I need it.

I added the updateRecord method like that:

Code:
    Ext.define('App.view.Toolbar', {
       config: {
          updateRecord: function(newRec, oldRec) {
              this.callParent(newRec, oldRec);

/*** do something ***/
           }
       }
    });

However, I'm not sure if I need to call callParent or not, as it doesn't seem to change the behaviour I expect.

Edit: Hm... as it turned out, I don't need to overwrite updateRecord at all... listenting the updatedata event is enough and will be fired upon model manipulation. Seems like I had some other bug when I tried that for the first time... thanks anyway.

Thread Participants: 1