Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-4116 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    robert_k is on a distinguished road

Exclamation ST v2.1.1 - Ext.tab.Panel's delegateListeners won't fire!

ST v2.1.1 - Ext.tab.Panel's delegateListeners won't fire!

In our application we use the ability to disable a tab by disabling its panel quite frequently. I've been upgrading the same application from 2.0.3 to 2.1.1 and I've noticed that I can no longer disable tabs. In fact, when checking "getDisabled()" on the active panel it says "true" but the class wasn't applied and I can select the tab.

Not sure exactly where the bug resides, though I'm fairly sure it isn't with Ext.tab.Tab or with Ext.tab.Panel.
    Last edited by robert_k; 12 Mar 2013 at 6:43 AM. Reason: Clarified title

Vote Rating

Exclamation Found why the bug happens

Found why the bug happens

I'm still not sure what's causing the error, but the problem is with "delegateListeners" for Ext.tab.Panel not being triggered. I can manually enable/disable a tab and it works properly, but if I enable/disable the panel the delegateListeners won't fire. The same happens for hidden.

I don't know that this issue is unique to Ext.tab.Panel, so this could be causing problems elsewhere (and probably is).

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it needs to be removed as it's no longer used at all. delegateListeners is marked as private so looks like it is going away.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Okay, but that reinforces the problem: there's nothing handling hidden/disabled/docked/floating property changes and synchronizing them with the tab button. This is in the current 2.1.1 release version no less. I can work around this by enabling/disabling the panel.tab property.

If this were really "going away" it should either: work and show a deprecation notice, or be completely replaced.

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

This is indeed a mistake to still have the delegateListeners object in place. It has been removed and the listener has been put back in place in the initialize method:

Code:
        initialize: function() {
            this.callParent();

this.on({
                order: 'before',
                activetabchange: 'doTabChange',
                delegate: '> tabbar',
                scope   : this
            });

this.on({
                disabledchange: 'onItemDisabledChange',
                delegate: '> component',