Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    meerec is on a distinguished road

Default compatibility issue?

compatibility issue?

I'm new to Sencha, only evaluating now. I've come across an initial configuration issue that manifests itself with this warning, when 'sencha' is run within the SDK folder:

[WARN] The current working directory (/Users/mirek/bin/Sencha/Complete-Trial/1.0.0.49/touch-2.1.1) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatible mode.
    I've downloaded SenchaCmd 3.0.2.288 for Mac OS X (which shows up as Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3). I'm inside the SDK directory (in ..../touch-2.1.1)

I'd ignore the warning happily but I'm stuck not being able to generate the simplest app.
    What am I doing wrong?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you have Sencha Cmd or SDK Tools? If you type 'sencha' what do you get?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Are you sure you have Sencha Cmd or SDK Tools? If you type 'sencha' what do you get?
    Yes, have Cmd and SDK Tools.

Code:
    chooyu-lan:~ mirek$ sencha
    [WARN] The current working directory (/Users/mirek) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatible mode.

Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3
    Copyright (c) 2012 Sencha Inc.

usage: sencha COMMAND [ARGS]

The available commands are:
       build			build a JSB project
       create bootstrapdata		generate boostrap data
       create jsb			generate a minimal JSB project for an app
       create locale			generate a template locale file from source
       create manifest		generate classes manifest
       package			package your Touch web app into a native bundle
       slice theme			slice a custom theme's images for IE

See 'sencha help COMMAND' for more information on a specific command.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that is SDK Tools, you need to edit your path to point to Cmd and not SDK Tools

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well, the thing is though, if I am in the SDK folder and run the sencha command the folder is not recognised as the SDK folder -- it's what I reported in my original post. Are you talking about the PATH environment variable to include SDK location?

Vote Rating

Yes, the env var. The sencha command right now is pointing to SDK Tools, it needs to point to Cmd so there is both the PATH and the SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0 that need to be pointing to Cmd and be the active not the PATH for the SDK Tools.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The env var looks OK in my setup it seems. Unless you'd say I need to put PATH to cmd ahead of SDK ...?

Code:
    chooyu-lan:~ mirek$ env | grep -i sencha

SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0=/Users/mirek/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.2.288
    PATH=/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3:/Users/mirek/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.2.288:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
    SENCHA_SDK_TOOLS_2_0_0_BETA3=/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Sorry for any confusion - Sencha Touch 2.1+ requires Sencha Cmd so you can uninstall SDK Tools as they are only needed for Sencha Touch 2.0.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thread Participants: 2