Vote Rating
    pkellner will become famous soon enough pkellner will become famous soon enough

Default after updating proj to 2.2 theme / build version not showing neptune

after updating proj to 2.2 theme / build version not showing neptune

Following Phils post on how to do build's with my ExtJS 2.1 project, I've been successfully building and publishing my apps ("sencha app build production").

I just downloaded the new extjs 2.2, updated my SA project to 2.2, ran sencha app build production (which worked with no errors) but my build project when I run it does not show the new neptune theme (like when I run it uncompiled). and, yes, I did clear cache.

thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

I think that you're going to need Sencha Cmd 3.1 which knows how to configure and build Ext 4.2 themes. Unfortunately the final Cmd release corresponding to Ext 4.2.0 has not yet been released -- I understand it's expected to release very soon.

Some discussion here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...or-ExtJS-4.2.0

Once you have Cmd 3.1 you'll be able to set the app.theme config property in .sencha/app/sencha.cfg to specify the theme, or do so at the command line. Here's the current output of 'sencha help config':

Code:
    sencha config

This command can be used to either set configuration options singly or load a
    configuration file to set multiple options.

Because these configuration options are only held for the current execution of
    Sencha Cmd, you will almost always use then to chain commands that will now
    be executed with the modified configuration.

For example, to change the theme of an Ext JS application for a build:

sencha config -prop app.theme:ext-theme-neptune then app build

Multiple properties can be loaded from a properties file:

sencha config -file neptune.properties then app build

The content of "neptune.properties" might be something like this:

app.theme=ext-theme-neptune
        app.build.dir=${app.dir}/build/neptune

Options
      * --file, -f - Specifies a configuration properties file to load
      * --prop, -p - Specifies a configuration property and value to set
    You can probably get more specific help in the Ext forums, since this isn't specifically related to Architect.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Hmm. so, I have updated to 4.2. My build seems to be working with the CMD have, just not the theme. Will there be other nasty surprises? should I try and roll back? I'm not sure I know how to roll back.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

As to other surprises, I honestly don't know. Like I mentioned, you can probably get better info out of the Ext and Cmd folks in the Ext forums. It's possible that there are other ways to make it build with the correct theme with the old Cmd, that I'm not aware of. Those folks are the experts.

If you don't want to wait for the new Cmd and really want to roll back, Architect should have created a .xda archive file of your project in its Ext 4.1 state before the upgrade, which you can open and re-save. The xda should be at <projectdir>/../projectname20130313000000.xda

Or... your project is under source control, so you can revert, right?
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

both true. I do have my backup before I did the upgrade so I don't need the sencha backup. Just hoping not to have to manually go through everything else I did today and add to it back. It was hard enough thinking about it the first time

Thread Participants: 1