Ext JS Premium Member SebTardif's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    SebTardif will become famous soon enough SebTardif will become famous soon enough

Default Is it possible to generate an application without copy/paste the SDK ?

Is it possible to generate an application without copy/paste the SDK ?

I'm used to professional layout where we don't copy/paste stuff, and we don't commit in source control third party libraries.

I executed: sencha.exe -sdk c:\extjs4.2.0GA generate app MyExtJS42App d:\MyExtJS42App

And ended-up with 95.3 MB of junk, the app folder is a total of 1.45 KB, and the sass folder 1.94 KB.

How can I remove all the extra (etc/packages folders), and still compile the SASS?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

There are two levels to a Sencha Cmd application that are often merged: apps and workspaces. The ext framework (and packages) reside at the workspace level and do not have to be added to source control.

You could do this:

Code:
    >sencha -sdk c:\extjs4.2.0GA generate workspace MyWorkspace
    Sencha Cmd 3.1.0.239
    This will produce the extraction of the SDK in to a new workspace. Basically this:

Code:
      MyWorkspace/
        .sencha/
            worskpace/
                sencha.cfg

ext/
        packages/
    Then do this to create one or more apps that use that SDK:

Code:
    >cd MyWorkspace
    >sencha -sdk ext generate app App1 app1
    The above tells Cmd that you are generating an Ext JS app (named "App1") to a folder name "app1" in the current directory. This will produce a folder structure like this:

Code:
      MyWorkspace/
        .sencha/
        ext/
        packages/

app1/
            .sencha/
                app/
                    sencha.cfg
            app/
            resources/
            sass/
    You can then commit just "app1" to source control. The apps can be located anywhere under the workspace so feel free to organize this how you like (perhaps an "apps" folder).

For more details see http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-2/#!...mand_workspace
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating
    SebTardif will become famous soon enough SebTardif will become famous soon enough

@dongryphon: Thanks. After I end-up with my first compiled css file. How can use "compass watch" or something equivalent?

Vote Rating

When I execute from MyWorkspace/app1, the following: c:\SenchaCmd3.1.0.239\Sencha\Cmd\3.1.0.239\sencha generate theme myTheme

The MyWorkspace/packages end-up with a folder called myTheme, so I get my packages folder mixed with things that are static (Sencha provided static files) and things that I really care to get in my source control.

I was hoping to get the myTheme generated under app1/packages

Vote Rating

Using Sencha Cmd 5, how can I tell the SDK to not copy Ext JS library but instead point to the original location when I generate the workspace and app, or after by hacking some files?

I have the situation where I already have Ext JS commercial version pulled using Maven/Ivy/Gradle or checked in a Git repo, then when I generate a workspace a copy is made, then when I generate an app a third copy is made!

No kidding... am I the only person using source control and that doesn't like to put generated files in it?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Without knowing more about the steps you are taking:

- I already have Ext JS commercial version pulled
    - I generate a workspace a copy is made
    - then when I generate an app a third copy is made!
    I cannot say why you would be getting multiple copies. The way Cmd handles the framework is via the workspace (by default). When a workspace is created, the sencha.cfg file (in its ".sencha/workspace" folder) should contain "ext.dir" which points at the framework. That is, if the workspace was generated with an SDK using -sdk for example.

If the workspace was generated without an SDK it will simply not have copied one and won't have "ext.dir" set. It sounds like your steps involved the SDK at the time you generated the workspace.

I would check to see what ext.dir is set to at the various steps of the process (perhaps by running "sencha diag show") to see if Cmd has the right value.

Beyond that I'll need very clear steps (specifically knowing what commands you run and in what folders and where the SDK is located etc) to be more than generally helpful here.
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thread Participants: 1