Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2880 in 3.0.6.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Advenio.Software is on a distinguished road

Question GXT3 Grid Paging toolbar disabled after filtering

GXT3 Grid Paging toolbar disabled after filtering

Hi, it happened that sometimes using the columns filter, after reloading (applying the filter), the paging tool bar appears disabled.

I'm using GXT 3.04.

The filtering is done in the server side. This happens when using checkbox fields, or when using a text field for filtering. It seems that if you use the filters quickly the grid attempts to reload the data (this is usually when you are writing, you write and then delete and write again). The data is loaded correctly, but the toolbar remains disabled.

However, after the paging toolbar is disabled, if I continue editing the filters value or applying sort, the grid stills works. I don't get any exception, neither in the server side nor in GWT. It seems that all is working, also the next page button still works.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Alejandro

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

This sounds like a bug when having multiple concurrent requests running. I will move this thread to the bugs forum for futher investigation. Thanks for reporting.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Advenio.Software is on a distinguished road

Hi, Sven thank you for your reply.

Do you know if there is any possible workaround?

Regards

Alejandro

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ryanshillington is on a distinguished road

Default Had it. It was a bug in my code, kinda

Had it. It was a bug in my code, kinda

I had this problem, and worked around it. On a hunch, I figured I was loading the RPC data multiple times and GXT wasn't handling the multiple loads correctly, since the paging toolbar works fine in other grids. I was right!

My advice is to put a breakpoint in your RPCProxy.load() implementation and see if it's being called multiple times on start-up. If so, GXT won't take that well (also, you're losing valuable bandwidth by loading the data twice). Put in a fix to only load the data once, and the grey'd out / disabled paging toolbar should go away.

I hope that helps,

Ryan

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Alejandro - can you give some more detail about your use case? What kind of loader, proxy, etc you are using, or provide a test case/code sample or a case where this can be reproduced in the available sample builds.

I tried to reproduce this using the Company field (a TextField for filtering) on http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...motefiltergrid as well as the Type field (checkboxes), but was unable to do so.