Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ChrisJackson is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha CMD - compiling app

Sencha CMD - compiling app

Having upgraded to Extjs 4.2 I've been trying to get CMD to compile my app. I'm running CMD 3.1, but keep getting empty output files (despite trying a number of possible arguments - there's a lot of conflicting documentation out there!).

I've used CMD generate, and this has copied over the ext file into my app directory. I've then copied my 4 js files into a js subdirectory. I also modified my index.html to wrap the script tags with the <x-compile> tags

I tried compiling with the following -:
    sencha compile -classpath=ext /src,js page -yui -in index.html -out build/index.html

Ultimately, it generates the all-classes.js and index files, but the js file is 0b (if I remove the YUI, it's just got a comment in it).

Any comments or thoughts appreciated - previously I had no problem with the older create/build process...

Thanks
    Chris

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

To build, why aren't you using sencha app build?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ChrisJackson is on a distinguished road

From what I can gather from the documentation, "app build" only works if the app was built by, or with cmd in mind. My app didn't use the "standard" structure, so I used the doc here (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-2/#!...and_app_single).

This states "While the convenient commands like sencha app build won't understand these applications and so cannot be used, you can use lower-level commands provided by Sencha Cmd to produce builds and perform all of the same tasks.".

If I've got this wrong, I'm more than happy to use sencha app build if it's gonna work...

Cheers
    Chris

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mr.a is on a distinguished road

actrually you should make "inject" your costum compile line to the "sencha app build" process by making modifications to the procuction.properties or build.xml. not really easy task, Sencha DEV Team shoud'v given tutorial about this.

Thread Participants: 2