Vote Rating
    silveralecs is on a distinguished road

Default Get config vars sent when initializing the component

Get config vars sent when initializing the component

I created a custom component, with a custom xtype, and I want to get all the variables sent when the component is initialized. All those variables will be used to instantiate another component. Here's an example:
    Code:
    {
      xtype: 'myCustomField',
      var1: 'test',
      var2: 'test2',
    }
    In the initComponent method of the component 'myCustomField' I want to retrieve ONLY the variables that we're sent when the component was initialized, no matter what their name is, or how many are they.
    getInitialConfig() doesn't work.

Thank you,
    Alexandru

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Trying to merge the configurations of 2 components into one, flat config object plays havoc with the 'config overriding the prototype' paradigm at the heart of how initComponent is designed. Form panel has been a nuisance for years because it adopted this kind of approach.

A common technique for config options like this is to wrap them in their own object. Examples include the boundlist on a combobox or the view for a grid.

e.g.:

Code:
    {
        xtype: 'myCustomField',

blahConfig: {
            var1: 'test',
            var2: 'test2'
        }
    }

Vote Rating
    silveralecs is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for your reply. This is exactly what I did.
    Though, it would be nice to have them directly into the root of the object.

Thread Participants: 1