Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    warrean is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Render-time difference between DataView and List (wrapped in PhoneGap)

Unanswered: Render-time difference between DataView and List (wrapped in PhoneGap)

Hi,

There's a big difference in rendering-time, it seems the DataView is almost 50% faster.

My test-case:
    + NavigationView
    +-----SubView1
    +-----SubView2

In test-case 1 both sub-views are DataViews, in case 2 both are Lists.
    Tapping an item in SubView1 pushes the new View with a card-slide animation.

I compared the app wrapped in PhoneGap on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and S2.

The S3 with the Lists is way slower to switch views than the S2 with the DataViews.
    List-components apparently make your app feel much heavier, this was a dealbreaker with a client and I had a hard time finding out that Lists are slower than DataViews.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

List does quite a bit more than DataView to support infinite dataset. List will render slower but during runtime with as many records in the store it will handle it a lot better. If you try to use DataView with a thousand records in the store, the device will struggle to handle that many DOM nodes so the List can handle this. If you don't need the features List brings to the table, then just use a DataView and style it the way you need it to look.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    warrean is on a distinguished road

Yes I understand that, though I hope that render-time will be a bit more improved.