Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    LarssaAndin is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Table layout

Unanswered: Table layout

I'm working on creating a touch version of my ExtJS app and one thing I've ran into is the lack of a table/column layout.

What I need is a way to place my elements in something that at least behaves like table cells (matching row and column widths). HBox and VBox layots work fine if you want either row or column to match but not both.

I've started to look at implementing my own layout but it isn't obvious from the existing layouts how to control the actual rendering of the elements, the layout files seems to mainly contain some instructions to what CSS class should be used and some code for handling rotation. Where is the code that does the rendering of the cells and what should I override to write my own code for creating a table instead of using divs? Just being able to control how each element is rendered so I can set specific classes on the elements would help alot.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    snpablo is on a distinguished road

Did you get an answer to this question?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    LarssaAndin is on a distinguished road

No, I didn't get any answers, but I realized that it's pretty easy to use a grid component for this purpose (just skip headers and you have a pretty generic cell layout to play with). I'm not using the standard grid component though so depending on what you want to do it might be difficult to achieve. I'm using UberGrid as a replacement and it works very well even for more complex cases.

Thread Participants: 1