Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

Default is this a good time to start developing with 2.2?

is this a good time to start developing with 2.2?

for an app targeted mostly to android and ios. is the 2.2beta a good place and time to start development of a new app? or should one stay with 2.1.x and upgrade when 2.2 become final... what do you think?
    thanks
    BTW , app is not intended for production at least for the next 2-3 months.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

I can only speak from personal experience, but I've always found Sencha's releases a little buggy even at final, nevermind at beta, where to me they serve no other purpose than being able to take a quick look to see where the development of the framework's heading. To be honest, I don't like even changing until we get a 2.x.1 release!! So I'm personally holding off for the time being.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Aldri is on a distinguished road

I'm using 2.2 since alpha and it's been very stable.
    I've had a little difficulties to build with the alpha (a bug in microloader) but now it's been fixed.
    Beta 1 was very nice, and I'm currently upgrading to beta 2 and all seems to be working fine !
    If your app will be ready in 3 months it's reasonable to think that at least RC will be available.

Thread Participants: 2