Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cborodescu is on a distinguished road

Default Problems with removing all items from a DataView List (Sencha 2.2 BETA)

Problems with removing all items from a DataView List (Sencha 2.2 BETA)

Hi guys,

I'm writing here in the hope that you might be able to assist me in solving this weird thing that's happening with the DataView List in Sencha 2.2 BETA:

I have a simple list defined with useSimpleItems: false, variableHeights: true. I load a few items at first, after some time I'm trying to remove the existing set of items and replace them with other items using the load() function of the Store.

The issue is that everytime I remove all items, in fact, one item always remains visible (the last one from the Store) although the Store is emptied. I've tried a few methods to remove the items, thinking that one of those might work: removeAll(), removeAt(), remove item by item. In all cases I'm left with an item floating around + the emptyText list message !? This has never happened in the Sencha 2.1 version.

I've also noticed that not all the items are actually removed but in fact translated to -10,000 px on Y axes. The trouble is that the last item is not translated to -10,000 px and that's why is still visible.

Anybody else had any problems with this? Any pointers on how can be solved? Is there any workaround?

Cheers!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When I do a store.removeAll(), the list is blank for me. Can I get a test case I can run locally?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It's too large to upload it, but here you go: http://www.webcrumbz.co/sencha/AppTest.zip Hope this helps.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Mitchell,

Can you confirm this bug? Would it help if I'm posting the bug according to the template?

Thread Participants: 1