Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slsmithtx is on a distinguished road

Default Hiding/showing a collapsed window

Hiding/showing a collapsed window

To briefly explain our setup, we are using a tab panel as the primary container for our UI. Each panel added to the tab panel is assigned a WindowGroup object and any window created by that panel gets added to the panel's WindowGroup. Then when you switch to a new tab, the code loops through the windows in the WindowGroup of the previous tab and hides them, and then loops through the windows in the WindowGroup of the newly active tab and shows those.

Some of our windows also have custom collapse/restore options that collapse the window and move it into the bottom left corner of the browser window. The issue is that when you change from a tab with a collapsed window, and then change back to that tab, the collapsed window is automatically restored by the show method. I have some code that makes sure the window get re-collapsed in that case, but it's kind of messy looking in the UI because you see the window briefly before it gets re-collapsed.

So I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way I could make these windows visible again without automatically setting off the restore process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by slsmithtx; 25 Mar 2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: grammar

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you render into the tab, when the tab is hidden the window should right?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slsmithtx is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestion! That hadn't occurred to me. I'm giving it a try and it seems to be working. Much simple than my solution.

Thread Participants: 1