Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dubaut is on a distinguished road

Default Tutorial does not work with GXT 3.0

Tutorial does not work with GXT 3.0

Hi folks,

I'm new to GXT and wanted to try the http://www.sencha.com/learn/getting-...-with-ext-gwt/ tutorial as you can find it prominently on the Sencha GXT web site.

As far as I can tell this tutorial seems to be made for GXT versions <3.0 since I could not found any resources
    folder in my download.

Is there anyone out who could help me?

Thanks a lot!

-Hannes

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Fortunately, GXT 3 does not have a resources directory. The setup requires with GXT is simpler than GXT 2 was, so we haven't put together a setup tutorial just yet. We're reconsidering this, and will have something up soon.

Instead, you should be able to simply follow the setup.txt in the GXT 3 download. There are just a few steps required to get going:
    - add gxt to your project (add the jar to the classpath, add an inherits statement in your module)
    - add a reference to reset.css in your html file (the path must be tweaked to point at your module's directory), and make sure you have a strict doctype.

Thread Participants: 1