Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kameshpal is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: getting issues when context menu description is larger than the width of the panel

Unanswered: getting issues when context menu description is larger than the width of the panel

When the context menu description is larger than the width of the panel, white spaces are getting created on focus of the context menu

1) I have a web page constructed in extjs 3.x & I have one of the plugin provides tree panel, which is constructed using 4.x
    2) I'm integrating both using Iframe (loading the Extjs 4 related components).
    3) Below is the code that gets loaded in Iframe

Ext.onReady(function(){
    try{
    Ext.create( 'Ext.container.Viewport',
    {
    layout: 'fit',
    region:'center',
    items: [{xtype:'panel',
    autoScroll : true,
    items:[
    vTree.getWidget()
    ]

}

]
    }
    }catch(e){}
    });

Issue(IE specific):

The tree has context menu options enabled, If I right click & try to focus on the context menu then the tree is moving towards left & on right side I'm able to see some white spaces.But, the same is not happening in firefox browser.

Note:
    i) allowDomMove property is set to false for the tree panel & I've tried the same to the constructed viewport & panel inside Iframe I couldn't get any help out of it & even the same with layouts.
    ii) Even I tried to set transparency for Iframes which hasn't worked fine.

Thanks,

Kamesh Palani

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So you want the context menu to show outside the iframe?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yes, If it is going to solve my issue.
    I have tried to achieve the same behaviour by using z-index, but couldn't figure out a solution from that. May be I did it wrongly.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamesh Palani

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to think that an iframe is a separate page as it is. So if you want something to show outside the iframe you need to use the top document not the iframe.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your input mitchellsimoens. Can you provide me a sample which explains me usage of top document instead of Iframe, it will be helpful for me .

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamesh Palani